<VV> engine identification

Mike Moyer vairvert67 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 17:54:41 EDT 2014

I believe the second set of numbers is the vin number from the car.
68 and 69's were stamped that way

Mike Moyer
Navarre, FL
1945 Cushman Road King
1965 Monza Convertible 140 hp 4spd 3:55 Posi AM/FM
1965 Greenbrier 110 hp Powerglide
1973 Volvo P1800ES 4spd A/c
1982 Corvette Crossfire Automatic
1984 Corvette Z51 Crossfire Automatic

On Wednesday, September 17, 2014 11:45 PM, Michael Kovacs via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

I have a smog engine that has a strange set of ID numbers. It also has a timing mark riveted to the regular one that seems to move the advance much further than the usual 16 degrees.

The usual numbers are TO830RY, but, also near them is the following 18W101259.

The engine looks like it still the original build and is a 140 manual.

Clark's calls it a smog manual an I agree except for the additional identification. It is partially hidden by the top shroud.