<VV> Speaking of damper doors...

Vairtec Corp vairtec at comcast.net
Thu Sep 18 20:11:20 EDT 2014

The Greenbrier that I own currently was purchased by my father almost 49
years ago.  When it was new to us, in the 60s, the damper doors would
remain fully open after shutdown, until the thermostats cooled, then
they would, one at a time, snap shut with a bang.

In cool weather this would happen in a few minutes.  In hot weather it
might be upwards of an hour.

They did this until the thermostats were replaced circa 1976.

I have never encountered another Corvair that did this -- and I've had
more than 60 of 'em through the years.  Anyone else have a Corvair that
did this?

--Bob