<VV> Would oil "attack" the rubber bushings?

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Fri Sep 19 03:03:52 EDT 2014

On 9/18/2014 9:05 PM, Charlie via VirtualVairs wrote:
> Lots of great ideas ~
>
> I like the WD-40 best, but will test them all on each of the 4 bushings (oil
> worked great on one so far, but it was a bit messy!)
>
> I've heard that WD-40 revitalizes rubber, so that seems to have the least
> downside?
>
> Full report when I get them all done ...
>
> Charlie
Somehow I doubt that any material change that a solvent does to healthy
rubber is an improvement.
But, it'll only attack the surface layer on the inside, so it shouldn't
affect the bushing life too much.
Modern bushings have it easy - they have very little smog to contend with!

cheers
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen