<VV> Would oil attack the rubber bushings?

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Fri Sep 19 10:20:27 EDT 2014

That's the benefit of using soap.

No degradation of the rubber at all on any surface, and you clean your
hands with water!

It smells better too!

Frank DuVal

Original email:
-----------------
From: Charlie via VirtualVairs virtualvairs at corvair.org
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 21:05:30 -0700
To: sheridanma1966 at gmail.com, virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Would oil "attack" the rubber bushings?

Lots of great ideas ~

I like the WD-40 best, but will test them all on each of the 4 bushings (oil
worked great on one so far, but it was a bit messy!)

I've heard that WD-40 revitalizes rubber, so that seems to have the least
downside?

Full report when I get them all done ...

Charlie