<VV> Corvan brake Question

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Sep 20 20:48:16 EDT 2014

As was discussed here last week, the big honking piece of metal prevents
the wheel cylinder from ejecting its parts when the axle slips out of
the bearing and the drum no longer can contain the wheel cylinder parts.
At this point, with your single brake system, you are completely without
brakes. Not a position I would like to be in.

just take the two screws out that hold the cylinder in place to do your
work. You do a better honing job with the cylinder in a vise anyway, you
can see the internal surface better.

You have defeated a safety item on the Corvan.

Next time ask first!

Frank DuVal