<VV> Belt Tensioner Tool

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Sep 20 21:32:22 EDT 2014

You have stumped me Seth. Is this something you bought at the Fan Belt
Toss one year? I've heard various people bring home made tools to the Toss.

I've never seen this in Clark's or Underground's catalog.

Certainly not Snap-On!

I use the John Moody Bent Wrench. One in every driving Corvair. Even
ones I made myself and others I bought from Clarks, but they are the
same design as John's.

The answer I give coupler nut people is the nuts are $3.13 each plus
shipping (and Fastenal shipping is outrageous), as Fastenal does not
carry them in stock here, so it is just as cheap to add one to a Clark's
order, and then I have a tool I can use on ANY Corvair I am asked to
work on. Like impromptu tech session at Corvair meets. Plus the bent
wrench can be used to remove carb nuts if you do not have your 1/4"
drive socket set with you.

Frank DuVal