<VV> Belts

Vairtec Corp vairtec at comcast.net
Mon Sep 22 13:30:09 EDT 2014

I am certainly going to jinx myself with this but...

I use whatever belts have been in the trunks of the Corvairs I have
purchased through the years.  I have a lifetime supply of
new-old-belts.  I cannot recall that I have ever purchased a new belt,
although I may have splurged when I put the track car together back in 2000.

I also can't remember the last time that I lost a belt, it has been
years if not decades.  (My next flipped belt will now be this afternoon.)

I did once have to change a belt that was beginning to fray and I could
feel it tapping on the throttle cross-shaft, but It had not flipped or
come off.

As insurance -- which so far appears to work very well -- I always
carrying at least one spare and the John Moody "Mr Bentwrench" wrench.

--Bob