<VV> Flywheel Bolts

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 15:30:12 EDT 2014

Brian, the reason the heads are milled down is for clearance purposes. The
combined depth of the bolt head and washer, if you choose to go that route,
should not be any higher than a factory bolt's head.

The best thing to do would be to shorten the shank a bit, and then clean up
the threads before use. The theads should not stick out of the back of the
crank gear.  Do not forget to locktite them in to seal off those potential
oil leak places, as you install.

 Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed