<VV> Ignition weirdness

Jeff Wilson jwilson at unctv.org
Mon Sep 22 18:07:02 EDT 2014

I'm having all kinds of grimlins with my ignition system.

Just put in new plugs and plug wires, and a new coil.

It (65 95HP) still idles pretty crappy.

Coil says on its side use ONLY with resistor!

I've checked th voltage on the + terminal, it shows 12.5
with engine off and circa 11 with the engine running.
Is this about right? Seems high to me. Is the black and yellow
wire to the + terminal not supposed to be a 'resistance wire'?

Dwell meter shows 30 degrees dead on, but I feel like it ran
better at about 20. Can you have too MUCH dwell (points too
close)?

CJ Wilson

PS felling like bagging it and going Pertronics, but would like to
get the points system right just for now.