<VV> Corvair Corsa engine code is "RB" = 6-164 ?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Fri Sep 26 13:09:09 EDT 2014

On Sep 26, 2014, at 11:57 AM, Charlie <chaz at properproper.com> wrote:

> So, this list so very wrong it should be discarded or corrected?
> http://www.tpocr.com/corvairec.html

IMHO, yes.

> It shows engine code "RB" as simply "6-164" whereas "RM" is "6-164 M/T,
> SHPE" ("140 manual") which seems more specifically a Corsa (although it
> could be a Monza or 500),

Not quite right.  RB = 140 Corsa (no a/c, as Ed pointed out).  I've never seen "SHPE" used with Corvair engine codes before.

> whereas "RV" being "PG" can NOT be a Corsa?
>
> Charlie

RV isn't a Corsa code, it wouldn't have had the Corsa parts on it.  Think of it like a paint code - black is not red.  If the car is supposed to be blue, it has a code for the correct color.  When they had a Corsa come down the line, it got a Corsa engine.  If you try to put something else in, it won't hook up correctly.

--Bryan