<VV> Headlights not working??

Dusty Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 26 21:37:56 EDT 2014

I agree with the previous post, that it is the headlamp dimmer switch.  You can determine this by using a test lamp to see which is the hot wire, and then jumping from that to each of the other 2 wires at the switch.  The good news is that it is an easy part to replace.  The bad news, is that the current crop of switches coming from the other side of the world are not very good.  Bought one last week at Advance Auto, and it is defective right out of the box.  They replaced it, and the replacement wasn't any better.  I am going to search out a NOS switch and not have to worry about it ever again in my lifetime.  If you want to experiment with your old switch, you can try squirting some WD40 into it and working the switch to see if it will "repair" itself.
Paul in CT