<VV> Fresh air vents solved

Dale Dewald d66dewald at gmail.com
Sat Sep 27 10:05:03 EDT 2014

On 9/26/2014 21:34, John Gull wrote:
> Thanks to all who helped. I ended up using silicon supreme to seal the fresh
> air vents to the inner fender area.  The leaks seem to be solved, but I may
> never be able to get apart later! John Gull in Asheville
Hello John,

I do not know if any of the replies mentioned this, but you can still
get leak through the vent if the rocker panel is filled with leaves,
dirt, etc. and/or the drain at the back of the car is plugged.  I had
this happen with my wife's car the first time it got rained on hard
after being restored.  Water started dripping in through the vent.  I
could later hear water sloshing in the rocker. It turned out the rear
drain slot was plugged with maple tree seeds, small leaves, bondo dust
and dirt.  I pulled the front and rear rubber plugs from the wheel wells
and began a process of water blasting, digging (with my finger through
the slot) , blast, dig... until both sides were cleaned out.  No more
water leaking in!  Also, a potential rust problem mitigated.

Dale Dewald
Hancock, MI