<VV> 60 starters

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Sun Aug 2 17:50:20 EDT 2015

Good tips from the other guys but I have a couple of things to add:
1)  A lot of the solenoids you get at the local parts places are junk.  Be sure to spend a little more and get a "heavy duty" solenoid.  Last time I bought a good one I had to go to a starter rebuild shop.
2)  Most jumper cables I've seen have been too wimpy to actually operate a starter motor.  Be sure when using them to test that they are heavy enough to run the starter.  I have a set made from #0 welding cable that work well.  I've seen some that had tiny wire inside thick insulation.
Joel McGregor