<VV> How to Search Archives (plus additional BONUS instructions for everyone on the list)

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Mon Aug 31 17:31:30 EDT 2015

For Reid:

For your particular search, open Google in your browser, and copy this
into the search field:

    rear ("seat belt", seatbelt) install site:www.vv.corvair.org

The key to a good search is to remember that different people spell
things differently.  The query above will return every post that
contains either "seat belt" (two words) or "seatbelt" (one word) plus a
partial match on the words "rear" and install (i.e., it will find
"installing", "installation", "install").  There are 49 archived posts,
so your instinct that you had seen this topic discussed before was a
good one.

For Everyone Else:

Here's another valuable set of instructions for everyone on this list:

    1. Go to PayPal.com

    2. If you have an account, log in.  If you don't have an account,
       set one up.

    3. Send money, as a gift, to bryan at skiblack.com to help cover the
       cost of a VV server upgrade.

    4. Feel good about what you have done for the Corvair community at
       large and VV in particular.

Concerning the above, if anyone needs more granular step-by-step Shop
Manual-style instructions for using PayPal, please let me know on- or
off-list and I'll post them.

For a Concerned Few:

If anyone would like to argue that making a small contribution toward a
VV server upgrade is a NOT a good thing to do, or is concerned that some
portion of their donation might actually go toward supporting CORSA,
please email me on- or off-line and I'll tell you what I think.

Steven "just throw in $10, please" Serenska