<VV> Mig welder

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Feb 5 16:24:01 EST 2015

In the shop we used the 120V Solar mig welder as the second shop welder. At
one point, it had wire feed problems. Very frustrating. We tried the usual,
adjust tension, replace tips, etc. Still weld for a while and then
birdsnest. The Miller ran out of wire one day, so I was taking the small
spool out of the Solar to use, when I noticed the wire did not come off the
reel easily. Yes, the reel was wound improperly!

A new reel of wire and the Solar continued to weld just fine.

Frank DuVal

Original email: