<VV> Removal tips for engine timing cover?

Bryan Blackwell bryan at skiblack.com
Sat Feb 7 10:08:12 EST 2015

On Feb 7, 2015, at 7:39 AM, John Gull via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

> I am seeking advice on removal of the timing cover to fix a chronic leak. I want to do without removing engine from car. So far I have removed some tins, turkey roaster, alternator, fuel pump,carbs. What else is needed to accomplish this process? Thanks for any advice. John Gull in Asheville NC

You also want to remove the alternator adapter, take off the rear lower grill and lower shrouds, and support the engine and remove the engine mount and bracket.  Then pull the balancer or pulley and remove the damper door housings.  I think the oil cooler can stay on, but if the passages are really dirty you may wish to take it off for cleaning.  At that point just take off the bolts and pull the cover off.

--Bryan