<VV> 64 strut down at work.

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Feb 8 23:36:29 EST 2015

The bolt is not standard, but you can use a standard bolt and drill a
cotter pin hole through it. If you use a grade 8 bolt, you will have to
grind a slight area to remove the hard surface to get the drill bit to
work. Or you can try double nutting the bolt. Make one of the nuts a
nylock or such.

I'm glad someone else experiences this. When I complained to Clark's
their bolt failed, I was told "you're the only one". I've lost two
original bolts and two Clark's replacements over the years.

Your spring look good. The first failure I had I drove the car to a
service station to get the spring removed. That end was curled up.

You can just remove the leaf spring and drive it home. I've done that
for a hundred miles to get home.

Talk about squatting low!

Frank DuVal