<VV> VV: Tech tip (Mark Corbin) - Rear Air Grill MountingAggravation

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Feb 9 17:18:12 EST 2015

A piece of masking tape also works in this manner. Just stick the bolt head
into the socket with the masking tape in between.

I never seem to have the dum-dum (duct seal if you are an electrician) when
I need to hold the bolt.

Now if there was just a way to eliminate the screws in this function, that
would speed thing up greatly.

I made a tool to pull harmonic balancers without dropping the engine just
to avoid dealing with all these small screws!!!  Now a similar tool is made
by our club member Russell Davis and sold through Clarks. This is my tech
tip!

Frank DuVal

Original email: