<VV> Appreciate some help with poor idle, stalling

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Feb 12 23:18:43 EST 2015

I just (earlier in 2014) went through this with my 66 A/C sedan. It
would idle fine, then after it got hot, stumble, stall, ping like crazy
pulling away from a light, rough idle, etc. Then run OK for a while.

On the advise of an NVCC member, I rebuilt the carbs, but paid more
attention to the idle circuit. Even though I soak the carbs in the 5
gallon solution of good stuff,  after washing them out I put the idle
mixture screw back in part way and shot aerosol carb cleaner through the
ports. Some junk came out! They have been working great ever since. On a
prior rebuild, I had the mixture screw out when I shot aerosol carb
cleaner through the passages.

Old dog, new trick.

Frank DuVal