<VV> WIPER PROBLEM

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Sat Feb 21 13:36:21 EST 2015

Mike,

Is there any snow or ice blocking the linkage in the plenum under the grill?  It happened to me once when freezing rain followed a snow storm.  I have had some experience with sloppy linkage (worn copper bushing pieces at the pivot ball) that, on occasion caused the linkage to jam on two LM cars, but it the motor stops running it's time to swap it out with a known good one.  It is amazing what a good cleaning and lube of the linkage pivots (including the wiper arm shafts) will do to return things to normal speed--even with a worn 50 year old motor.

Bob