<VV> Radio Markings -- No Corvair

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Sun Feb 22 12:45:51 EST 2015

Mark:
> Now, how many out there remember those periodic tests of the emergency
 > broadcast system which all stations ran periodically, complete with
 > that really cool alert tone that made the hair stand up on the back
 > of your head?  Ah, the good old days of the Cold War...MK

I listen to radio about 12-14 hours a day while working.  The two radio
stations I listen to still run these tests periodically, although now
it's called the "Emergency Alert System".

The tests run probably about once a month.  I believe the stations'
procedure manuals call for the tests to be run during songs I
particularly like.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Alert_System

Steven "If this had been an actual emergency, I would have gone out and
started my Corvair" Serenska