<VV> Tight pitman arm bushing

Stephen Armas stephenarmaspharmd at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 17:24:26 EST 2015

Mine was also way too tight and I pressed it on also and never loosened up.  I took the steering linkage off the car as a unit from steering arm to steering arm and pressed the bushing/bolt out. Also, it was not long enough yet the shoulder was twice as thick as the one I was replacing.  I  shaved the shoulder down (from the body side not the from the end) making the body of it longer. I tried polishing the new bolt and IIRC ended up sanding quite a bit to get it to fit only "reasonably" tight.

Sent from my iPhone