<VV> LM Differential Yoke end play answers to my questions : it's normal

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Thu Feb 26 20:56:25 EST 2015

Thanks Bob et al ~

That seems to be the consensus, and also explains why all 3 of them have the
same issue.

After ripping it apart, an educational adventure in itself, it seemed like a
fatter side bearing thrust washer would take up the slack and eliminate the
clacking.

However, such is not the case, even it were available, and might cause
problems with other clearances and lash adjustments?  Of course, the lash
adjustments need to made now anyway since its innards were disturbed, but
that's another educational adventure, as are so many things in a 50+ year
old car!

Thanks to all for the peace of mind!
Charlie