<VV> spark plug damage

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Jan 1 13:26:03 EST 2015

Last one I had , was caused by a broken piston. There was a large melted ,
crumbly , hole in the top. It spread metal junk all thru the motor , so I
rebuilt it last summer. There was also some scratch damage to the rod
bearings  and crank , so I used another core motor. I figured everything from that
motor  needed "flushing" or replacing , and this was a quicker way. There
were little  chunks in the oil filter and cooler also. I think I posted
pictures  on   cnycorvair.com  . Main cause was probably pinging /  detonation
not noticed as a problem by the driver (elderly).
regards, Tim Colson