<VV> WHAT'S IT WORTH?

Gary Swiatowy gswiatowy at rochester.rr.com
Sun Jan 4 08:34:28 EST 2015

What's it worth?
I'm sure in your area there are trained vehicle appraisers that for a fee
can tell you precisely what the value of your Corvair is. No one on this
forum can give a true appraisal without seeing the car in question. There
are way too many variables.

Did you buy this car, simply to "flip it" and make a profit?

What were your original intentions? A short term profit, or a hobby car you
can enjoy?

There are few in the car hobby who actually make money on our restoration
efforts, we do it for enjoyment, knowing full well that depending on the
car, there are few cars that will realize a profit.

If you had indeed purchased a Mustang, I am sure you would have not found
one in the $2500 Price range only needing a few thousand more to finish it.
Your initial investment would have been significantly higher and you could
find yourself asking the same question of the finished Mustang with a lot
more invested.

>From your description, you mentioned you Mig welded a little rust here and
there, but failed to mention if you painted the car. I have visions of a car
with patches all over, needing a paint job. If that is the case, many will
not touch it because paint and finishing is the most expensive part of any
restoration.

Gary Swiatowy

From: Rnojunkmail at aol.com <Rnojunkmail at aol.com>
Subject: <VV> WHAT'S IT WORTH?

I bought a 63 monza for $2500. in running condition. Bought 4 new tires, mig
welded a little rust here and there, new carpet , new seat covers front and
back, new inside door panels, new wiper motor and switch, new fuzzies all
around (2 door), and passed regular inspection (emission exempt).I have
abour 6g in this thing, but can I break even? SHOULDA BOUGHT A MUSTANG