<VV> Black paint on headlight bezels in '62?

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 12:16:33 EST 2015

<1961 & 1962 are no paint, and 1963 & 1964 are with black paint...>

That was always my thoughts, too, however, when the CORSA convention was held most recently in Detroit (Stirling Heights, MI, actually) I went on the tour of the Corvair museum space in Ypsilanti that's shared with the Hudson collection in the old Hudson dealership and, on the wall, there was a vintage, GM-produced, factory poster of the making of the '62 Corvair and there, at the end of the line was a photograph of a '62 Corvair rolling off the assembly line with headlight bezels bearing the black paint between the ribs.  It seems it may have been a running change during the '62 model year.

~Bill Stanley