<VV> Black paint on headlight bezels in '62?

Wade Lanning wblanning at comcast.net
Sun Jan 11 20:49:51 EST 2015

Somewhere buried in my files I have a GM letter that addresses the wheel covers and Monza rocker trim. Monza rocker panel trim started off in 1962 without black paint in the grooves. Later in the '62 production run (maybe about April '62??), the rocker panel grooves were painted black as well as the wheel covers instead of the silver that had been on the wheel covers until then. I don't know for sure, but perhaps the black paint on the bezels started the same time. However, Larry Claypool's "Stock Is" column from the March 1987 Communique says the headlight bezel black groove change was made for 1963.

Rocker trim was re-designed for 1963 and had black grooves for the entire year.

Wade Lanning