<VV> <Re: Black paint on headlight bezels in '62?

wrsssatty at aol.com wrsssatty at aol.com
Mon Jan 12 13:36:10 EST 2015

Wade, et al.  Here's what I know re: black paint on headlight bezels in '62:

My '63 assembly manual includes headlamp bezels under electrical for the headlamps.  The parts numbers for the bezels are 3821903 (left) and 3821904 (right).  A marking at the bottom shows that the headlamp part number was changed on 6-5-62 and under that, but with no corresponding date (perhaps also part of the 6-5-62 change) it says that the bezel part number "was" (i.e. the replaced number) 3795525 & 3795526.  Assuming the bezel change came at the same time as the headlamp change and if '62s were still being manufactured after 6/5/62 then it would appear that some '62s may have come off the assembly line with the '63 bezels.

I don't see specific info re:  wheel covers.  It just says; "Hub cap (see misc. shipping list)" in the '63 assembly manual.

Perhaps someone with a '62 assembly manual can tell us what the parts numbers for the headlight bezels were and if there is a "Cancelled" sticker appearing anywhere on the corresponding page.  Also, perhaps someone can tell us if '62 assembly continued beyond 6-5-62.

~Bill Stanley

<Somewhere buried in my files I have a GM letter that addresses the wheel covers
and Monza rocker trim. Monza rocker panel trim started off in 1962 without black
paint in the grooves. Later in the '62 production run (maybe about April '62??),
the rocker panel grooves were painted black as well as the wheel covers instead
of the silver that had been on the wheel covers until then. I don't know for
sure, but perhaps the black paint on the bezels started the same time. >