<VV> pushing my buttons

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Mon Jan 19 10:20:08 EST 2015

I rented a 2015 Chrysler 200 for 2 weeks a few weeks back because I have a nostalgic attachment to Mopars.

9 speed automatic with the basic shift control as a big knob in the console in amongst other poorly lit and marked large knobs for heater fan, radio volume, and radio tuning.
I'm sure since everything is computer controlled with a can bus or whatever control via a knob makes the most sense.
It took me about a week to get used to that.
I think buttons on a lit keypad would have been a lot better

It drove very poorly in the low gears at part throttle and at part throttle. Surging and lurching. Maybe the great and powerful master CPU behind the curtain had adapted some curious driving habits by the previous renter, although it had 200 something miles to adapt to me. Maybe the CPU needed a re-flash or something.

I can only imagine what the self driving cars are going to be like.
Consumer computer controlled products. Derisive snort.

Dan T