<VV> Corvairs in Cuba

Paul Chapman corvairjunkie at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 19 13:29:08 EST 2015

I was stationed at  FLEET TRAINNING GROUP, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba in 1976-1978, while there I had 3 corvairs that I bought or took out of the junk yard there. There were probably about 10 more there. I bought a silver '63 Spyder without an engine , a'66 Marina Blue Corsa convert. and a '65 Yellow Monza with white interior. with the help of J C Whiteny and friends back state side pulled an engine out of one of the hulks in the yard and got the 63 running (110 hp) sold it and the '654. Parted out the Corsa. While checking out Sears and Roebucks( what the junkyard was called) found a set of '63 3.08 rear gears, 3or 4 Gas heaters , 4 140's with dropped valves. a running '65 4dr. (it got stripped before I could check out if any paper work was required to take it). Don't know about Castro's side of the fence, were plenty of them on our side.

 Paul Chapman  CORSA member, to many cars to list.