<VV> Drive-ins, No Corvair

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 6 06:53:37 EDT 2015

We still have Joy-Lan Drive in in Dade City, FL. There have been some recent articles about the demise of others,
but the crux of the matter seemed to be the cost to upgrade the projection systems and not the land usage. It seems
the movie distributors are no longer going to provide film format and that the cost of upgrades was in the six figure
range, which was too much for many of the mom-and-pop drive-ins to bear. We still have the weekend flea markets on the property, but most vendors seem to be opting for indoor venues now, and so the selection is mostly from folks buying import junk in bulk on eBay and trying to re-sell it or yard sell left-overs. Even the produce people seem to be selling to a few re-sellers in the area. Gone are the days when you could get good deals on Craftsman tools to take and swap for new ones at Sears the next day.
Grant
The Carbmeister