<VV> Head Temp Sensor

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Jul 10 16:17:18 EDT 2015

I asked which gauge it was (Brand) - I haven't heard back. That would
determine the proper sender. - Seth

In a message dated 7/10/2015 9:31:38 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
virtualvairs at corvair.org writes:

JR  and Barry,
`    I suspect that the thermistor type setup (like  the stock Corvair
140/180) depends on the resistance of the thermistor probe  changing with
temperature, so the gauge is setup to respond to that.  But  the spark-plug type
depends on a thermoelectrical signal sent from the part  under the plug back
to the gauge.  So I question if you can switch  senders from one type to
another without switching gauges to the type that the  specific sender requires.
Maybe someone who really knows this  stuff will jump in here to respond.
Frank Burkhard
Boonton,  NJ