<VV> Head Temp Sensor

clynn66 at bigpond.net.au clynn66 at bigpond.net.au
Sat Jul 11 10:52:14 EDT 2015

I just bought 3 dual gauges (with senders) from Westach. The cylinder head unit is mentioned in Seth Emerson's book. They are not cheap but they look real good and worth the money. Each of the units has 2 needles.
One unit shows temp for each head with senders under the spark plugs.
Second unit shows both oil pressure and oil temp in one unit.
Third unit shows volts and amps in one unit.
I also got a coloured light kit that will illuminate them in any of 3 colours.
They are not installed in my early model yet but I had in mind that from the head temp readings I will be able to see if one of the barrels was not working. Also, if I acquired another 4 senders, so I had one for each cylinder, and I rigged a 3-way switch in the feed to each side of the head temp gauge, I would be able to see which of the 6 cylinders wasn't working 100%, without getting out of the car or opening the engine bay.
My plan is to put the three 2inch gauges in the centre panel where the radio was and make up a new panel for the radio below that.
I'll try to add a picture of a cardboard mock up panel I've made. Fingers crossed the picture comes through.
Westach is at www.westach.com part numbers are 2DC8; 2DC3; 2DC10-18 and the senders and leads are separate, which they will tell you about.
Colin LYNN
Western Australia