<VV> Rear end, early model

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 11 22:22:27 EDT 2015

> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 16:06:21 -0400
> From: mrmaxum at aol.com
> To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
> Subject: <VV> Rear end, early model
>
> When you replace a rear end in a early model (rampside) what seal needs to be replaced.  I just replaced mine and put the gasket between the 4 spd. transmission and rearend but no seal it is poring oil now

Be sure to check the snout on the differential- this is the thing that the throw out bearing rides on- they have been known
to crack and leak copious amounts of oil. The oil will come out between the bell housing and differential. Hopefully, this isn't
your problem, as it is a awful mess to take care of!!
Kevin Nash
63 Spyder, EFI daily driver