<VV> Parking

Spencer Shepard sshepard3 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 22 09:49:02 EDT 2015

 I recently experienced a violation of the First Law of Corvair Parking. That is "If you have to park a Corvair on a hill for an extended period of time (days), put the front end down". The reason is that if you violate that law enough you will eventually fill the crankcase with gasoline because of a leaking carburetor needle valve. That seems to be a more common event now that we have ethanol. I drained what seems to be a few gallons of gas from a car that was parked in violation of the law for only a couple of days.

The parking brake also holds better going forward, especially important with powerglide.

Spence Shepard