<VV> Passing of JR Read

Lon Anderson lonzovair at aol.com
Thu Jul 23 09:16:14 EDT 2015

This is a sad day...
The first time I met JR was at the "Bryan, Ohio Swap Meet" around 1994 or '95... I had only been into Corvairs for about 5 years then, and he was selling parts with "Dom", his long-time friend. Our friendship grew (like many on here) as we goofed off on VV like we used to in the early days, and throughout the 1990s as I made my yearly pilgrimage to Bryan, OH for the swap meet... I last saw him in person at the 2004 Lexington convention, when he had brought his convertible down. He drove to the campground at the Kentucky Horse Park and showed it off to me. He stuck around for the big cookout we had.
We were quite often swapping parts, back and forth, but I seemed to be on the receiving end more often than not... the last item he sent me was a tow bar for EM & LM cars, and my friend was working on modifying a bumper for FC towing as well just this summer... it looks like I won't be parting with that for a long time...
JR was a great guy with a marvelous smile, and usually an interesting story to tell... I loved his story about going out west to buy a convertible and driving it back, and the photo he took on the "corner in Winslow, Arizona"...
My prayers for peace and comfort are with his family and close friends... I'll miss ya brother... and as so many others have so aptly noted, "Later JR"
Peace my friend,
"Lonzo"