<VV> Gear lube level problem

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Fri Jul 24 13:35:57 EDT 2015

Smitty Says   This may have already been answered.  If so I didn't see it.
On Early trannys including 65 There is a 2.5 diameter disc (gasket) under
the fill port nut.  It says Transmission fill only.  Also says check fluid
level at axel servicing plug.  Or some words to that effect.
This means to me that to service properly  you pull both plugs.  Then fill
at the tranny fill hole till it runs out the axle service plug.  In other
words the holes are known to be at different levels and you should not fill
at the tranny without pulling the axle plug and not expect to top off at the
tranny with the axel plug installed.