<VV> tow-dollying

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 24 21:26:36 EDT 2015

Back in '87 we dollied our '64 Monza from southern Oregon to southern California, abut 850 miles, with the engine off and the 3-speed manual tranny in Neutral. We had no problems with it, then or afterwards.
If your car has Powerglide, I've heard that you must pause every once in a while and start and run the engine for a few minutes to pump fluid through the tranny. I've also heard that it's best to leave the engine idling throughout the trip. Folks who've dollied PG Corvairs can better speak to that.
--Tom in Ohio