<VV> Bolted Flywheel clearance

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Jul 29 10:54:35 EDT 2015

Colin,
Concerning the 12 bolts you refer to, there are several factors that might
enter your decisions.

First is, what is the clamping torque you intend to use with these bolts.
Are you using nuts on them?

Or are you threading them into the flywheel?

Then there is the grade of the bolts. If grade 5 or 8, they would be much
better than a lesser grade. With the higher grades you should have no
problems  torquing nuts to 20 ft-lbs or so.

I have cut the heads of the Grade 8 bolts and used them several times with
no problems.

I've never had a problem removing the inertia plate off.

I suggest balancing the flywheel, and then both the FW and the PP  together.

Bob Helt

In a message dated 7/29/2015 1:48:36 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,