<VV> ? Rocker Failure - Twice! ??

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 22:11:58 EDT 2015

When I ran my engine with valve covers off (one at a time) to do a routine
valve adjustment after engine breakin, the push rods/rockers pumped a quart
of oil out per side while I did the adjustments, so my lifters are pumping
a lot of oil out to the rockers.

You must have been getting some oil to get the 500 or 600 miles, and that
is probably what you are seeing, but it does not appear to be enough to
provide good lubrication to these parts.

My push rods, new custom lenght Clark's, rotate quickly.

I am wondering if the push rods are worn enough on the end that they no
longer are encouraged to rotate, that they do not fit either the lifter or
the rocker bores well enough and/or may be leaking down there so the oil is
not getting out into the rocker box.

Its either that or you have a restricted lifter or two that are not flowing
oil.

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed