<VV> a couple of questions

mark at noakes.com mark at noakes.com
Fri Jun 19 20:18:03 EDT 2015

I have a 66 110/4 speed that spends a lot of time in storage to save the
paint on the 1985 repaint.

Two issues...

1. I've apparently got a stuck or broken ring on my number 6 cylinder
(horrendous blow by and all spark  plugs but #6 look great whereas #6 is
oily and cleaning it, it immediately gets oily again).

In the family stash, we have two NOS GM cylinder/piston kits--one is
marked 1960 (so that one's out) and the other has the original GM part
number 3838078.

Can anyone decipher what engine that kit is for?

If not compatible, I have enough spare engines around to come up with a
donor, but may use this one since it would be most convenient.

2. I've been trying to get my steering wheel off for more than a week to
install a wood wheel. The old wheel has a puller on it cranked down
hard. I've regularly been hitting the center puller bolt with a hammer,
hitting the sides of the wheel with a rubber mallet, pulling on the
wheel, and as much as you can put on a wheel that's almost vertical
soaking it in Kroil. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark N