<VV> Flooding Carter YH Carburetor

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Mon Jun 22 17:42:40 EDT 2015

Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 13:45:55 -0600
From: Leland L Garland <lgarland1 at cox.net>
To: virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Flooding Carter YH Carburetor
I'm having trouble getting my rebuilt turbo engine to run -- it will
start but won't idle and fuel is spilling out of the top of the
carburetor.

I would appreciate any suggestions any of you may have regarding setting
the float.  I'm pretty sure I don't have any vacuum leaks -- I just went
through the whole setup from exhaust logs to the intake cross-over.

Leland L Garland
'65 Monza 180
Phoenix AZ

I like to pressure test needles and seats with air pressure applied by mouth.
Turn the carb top etc upside down so the weight of the float  is sealing the needle.

Ones that leak air are damaged or dirty.

Dan T