<VV> [fastvair] Air Conditioning and Weber 3-barrels

Aaron Willis te51levin at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 8 03:49:23 EDT 2015

Sounds like a fine idea to me. For whatever it's worth, early 911s
managed to combine A/C and Weber IDAs. I've been trying to find a good
pic online but they all seem to have short compressors (example:
http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2011/03/17/steve-mcqueens-porsche-911s-to-be-auctioned-in-monterey/
) whereas I thought the one I've been working on had a more conventional
compressor. I'll be working on it again next week and will take a look
if it's helpful at all.

--
Aaron Willis

On Sat, Mar 7, 2015, at 07:04 PM, sethracer at aol.com [fastvair] wrote:

> Is anybody running, or has anybody built a street installation of air
conditioning in a late model engine compartment with a Weber 3-barrel
carbureted motor? It would use the small Sanden compressor. Can it be
mounted far enough away to clear the carburetors. The car already has
the late condenser mounted at the air inlet. I know it would require a
custom mount or a serious alteration to the later high mount of the 140
motor. - Seth Emerson