<VV> Fuel Pump Tags

Bill Hubbell whubbell at verizon.net
Tue Mar 10 20:56:42 EDT 2015

Thanks!

Bill

On Mar 10, 2015, at 9:24 AM, Jerry McKenzie via VirtualVairs <virtualvairs at corvair.org> wrote:

<snip>
Here are pictured 3 AC Delco fuel pump tags. They all have the same part number (4886) but each has an additional single letter, single digit code. My first thought was that these might be date codes, but if so, how are they decoded? My best guess is that the letter refers to a month or year and the number to a day or year, but I really don't know. Do any of you know what these mean?<<<

Bill,
If AC was following component division guidelines as they usually did, the letter indicates the month, and the number the last digit of the year of production. So, A is January, and D is April and G is August. December would have been "M". The letter "I" was always skipped to avoid confusion with the number 1. The 8 would indicate these were made in 1968 or 1978 depending on circumstances...likely 1968.

Regards,

Jerry McKenzie
former Delco Remy Quality Control
Test design engineer & project manager