<VV> FW: 63 Turbo Efi Boost Test

kevin nash wrokit at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 12 21:04:37 EDT 2015

Bryan- The turbo is a late compressor, early exhaust turbine, assembled with tighter than stock clearances. The heads are early turbo heads- High Squish combustion chambers, deep seats, radius on intake pads, porting and special valve cutting details that improve the low lift flow numbers by 30%, thermal barriers in the exhaust ports, titanium valve spring retainers, valve springs are set at 120lbs closed (not sure what the open load is) and has a otto TB-10 cam, heavy duty pushrods. The compression ratio is 8.0:1. I think the rev limiter on the Safeguard is set at 6800rpm, but I cant remember for sure- what I am sure of is that it is impossible to get any audible valve float with this set-up- I know I've accidently "tested" the rev limiter a couple of times☺
Kevin Nash
63 Turbo, Daily driver, EFI