<VV> Story of "Lisa" 1964 Monza Coupe.

Ignacio Valdes ivaldes at hal-pc.org
Mon Mar 16 00:58:25 EDT 2015

This just in, here is some more of her story from Cemre Durusoy.

Hello Mr Valdes,

Thank you for forwarding me the Story of “Lisa”. Very happy to hear she’s
alive and well. I was hoping she would be well taken care of. If it’s not
too much trouble, would you mind sending a photo?

I can fill in some of the details of the story between 1997 and 2001. I
copied Wesley Heiss on this email as  His family owned Lisa as well as a
bunch of other Corvairs some running some not. Lisa was in a state of
disrepair and we rebuilt Lisa’s engine together in the summer of 1997 in
Connecticut. We also did the two tone paint job with spray paint! I imagine
we put in the rings you mention but the technical details elude me. It had
around 41K miles on it when we resurrected her.
We drove it down to Houston at the end of the summer when I enrolled at
Rice University. We were both students there. I had Vermont plates on the
car because I went to college in Vermont and was easier to keep the
registration there, but didn’t actually drive down from Vermont.  I don’t
recall how Lisa ended up with Wes’ family but the name Mary Baran sounds
familiar. Sorry to hear she passed.

That’s about all I know.

All the best,
Cemre