<VV> Dielectric grease

Michael Kovacs kovacsmj at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 24 14:11:14 EDT 2015

   Does anybody have any experience with using dielectric grease to reduce the possibility of corrosion on electrical connections.  I know it is supposed to be an insulator, and it works well for that purpose. Testing has shown that tight metal to metal connections are NOT insulated by the dielectric grease.
 I looked on places on You Tube to verify this. At the Thunderbolt track in NJ last year I had some misfiring and determined corrosion in the terminals of the distributor and spark plug ends.  I intend to use some dielectric grease to hope to prevent this from happening again.
I will also do the same to the show cars as the ignition system seldom gets looked at.
comments???