<VV> Dielectric grease/point rubbing block grease

hallgrenn at aol.com hallgrenn at aol.com
Wed Mar 25 18:08:09 EDT 2015

Mike,
I don't believe the dielectric grease is for the electrical connections, but for the pliable connection seals.  If you use it on the inside of the spark plug boot, distributer plug boots, on any connectors (like the small bellows on multipin connectors the grease seals out water and grit and makes corrosion  and arcing much less likely.  It also makes it much easier to break loose the flexible boots--especially spark plug boots.  A little goes a long way.

As far as Tim's comment on the points rubbing block, I was told to use brake lube (the yellow grease used on wear surfaces on drum brakes--not the drums and shoes) if I didn't have point grease.  As some point in the early '70s I bought a small tube of Niehoff point grease which is the consistency of wax and I've barely used 1/4 of it do date. If you can find some buy it.

Bob Hall