<VV> No Tranny Plug- could be worse - NO Corvair

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 27 12:11:23 EDT 2015

Why didn't chevy put a drain plug in my txle?J. CuneoNorcal

You can not even check the transmission fluid in my Jag 6 speed automatic. It is sealed and supposed to be a "lifetime" piece of machinery :-). But, they sell filters and replacement pans and $25/quart special fluid???? Regardless, it seems like a better set up (choice to shift or let it do it) and one less thing to maintain. Wonder when GM will figure out how to do that? A replacement doesn't cost much more than a modern GM unit.

The Carbmeister