<VV> Suspicious eBay looking URL ~ No Corvair, just VV caveats

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Fri Mar 27 13:16:15 EDT 2015

Hi Harry ~

You got lucky - did you check "beneath" the link before clicking on it to
confirm, or just "take a chance on it"?

I wasn't saying it actually WAS a bad link, just that it doesn't look real.

As an example:

Any link without "www." Can be spoofed really easily, like "eBay.r.com" is
really some web site domain name "r" with a sub-site called "eBay" which has
NOTHING to do with eBay.

Even "eBay.r.com" might have NOTHING to do with eBay, although it MIGHT (?)
still be OK.
I just try to be more careful than that, knowing the tricks that
unscrupulous hackers might try.

A real eBay link that should look like this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/321708285228

BTW, this is for a 1965-1969 Corvair 140 Engine Air Cleaner "crossover" with
California Connector.

The URL can have a whole lot of other junk in it but this is the most basic
URL for an eBay listing, just the eBay "domain" plus the item ("itm") #.

Can anyone tell me if the little appendage is unique to California or other
"smog states"?

Charlie